Since joining Arent Fox, Angela has assisted a wide variety of clients in industries such as renewable energy, health care, transportation, manufacturing, trade, and the arts. She has been actively lobbying on issues such as renewable energy, autonomous vehicles, federal procurement and leases, national museum proposals, chemicals and cosmetics reform, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’s hospital outpatient prospective payment system (HOPPS) rule, including assisting on association fly-ins and follow up. She is currently a Member of the Board of the California State Society
*Angela is not a member of the legal practice.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Angela worked for five years in the U.S. House of Representatives for Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), a member of the House Judiciary Committee as well as the Chair of the California Democratic Congressional Delegation. As Senior Legislative Assistant, Angela covered a diverse set of policy issues for Rep. Lofgren, including managing her appropriations priorities across multiple annual spending bills. In that role, Angela was her primary legislative adviser, developing and implementing policy agendas related to energy, environment, science, space, health care, and technology, while developing strong relationships with the California congressional delegation on these issues.
Throughout her tenure on Capitol Hill, Angela worked closely with numerous federal agencies and Congressional committees, and developed expertise in several critical policy areas, including:
- Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement policy for hospitals, physicians, and other stakeholders, including life sciences companies;
- Health care reform and Medicaid waivers;
- FDA policy for drugs and devices;
- Nuclear fusion and clean energy research at U.S. Department of Energy;
- Water supply and flood risk management projects overseen by local water districts and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, as well as habitat conservation plan implementation;
- Multi-year highway/transit and aviation funding reauthorization legislation;
- Sustainability and transportation, including alternative fuels and electric vehicles.
During the 114th Congress (2015-2016), Angela worked successfully with the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), and the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee towards the inclusion of bipartisan legislation (Lofgren/Massie) related to electric vehicle charging infrastructure at federal agencies in a multi-year surface transportation bill that was signed into law (the FAST Act).
London School of Economics and Political ScienceMSc,(Environmental Policy & Regulation)University of CaliforniaBA,(Environmental Studies)